Maintaining clarity with crisp and sharp images makes a great deal of difference to your overall website design. It is extremely important to ensure the designed elements are also kept crisp with defined lines where necessary. These should be saved at a quality that maintains its crisp edges where possible. With website design, when it comes to clarity it is all about the pixels within an image.
When using design and graphics packages like Photoshop, to achieve a sharp design there are some website design tips to follow:
- Keep shape edges snapped to pixels. This usually takes skills to clean up shapes, lines, and boxes if you’re creating them in a package like Adobe Photoshop.
- All text should be created using the appropriate anti-aliasing setting so that it suits the overall ensemble. There are several to use, “strong” and “sharp” are probably the best of the pixel smoothing tools while “none” leaves text particularly sharp edged.
- Ensure that contrast is high so that borders are clearly defined.
Over-emphasize borders just slightly to exaggerate the contrast.
Please click on these principles of good website design below to read more on this blog series:
- Priority of positioning in website design – Part 1
- Priority of positioning in website design – Part 2
- Spacing or “white space” within website design
- Navigation – clear links to direct your readers to the right place
- Good link placement in website design
- Why choose a professional to do your website design for you – Part 1?
- Why choose a professional to do your website design for you – Part 2?
- Good website design with Design to Build
- Typography in good website design – Part 1
- Typography in website design – Part 2 – more factors
- Usability in good website design
- Alignment in good website design
- Clarity in good website design
- Consistency in good website design